Sunday 24 February 2013

A parent’s (sh*t) Parents’ Problem


I don’t know if
I could write like a teenager
Even a foreign one
Seeking English Faceybook Friends
To help with their English homework and studying.
I thought LOL
Was 'lots of love'
And when I texted my daughter (sh*t) son
To say the hamster had died
I discovered that it meant
Laugh out loud
And she (sh*t) he wasn’t very happy.
But the question is this
Do I join Faceybook and
Send them a friends request
As her (sh*t) his actual mum
(Sh*t)... or dad?
Or do I borrow
A photo of someone
Around my child’s
(Sh*t) ... children’s
Age and find out what
She (sh*t) he (sh*t) they
Really think
And find out what’s
Going down?
Maybe, when some of you are older
Then you’ll understand.

(A, Parent wisely wanting to stay anonymous. Apologies if the bad language offends, it seemed in keeping with the trials and frustrations of being a parent in the Internet-Age).

No comments:

Post a Comment